SharedDreams can help make fertility treatment more affordable
Many couples have limited financial resources to allocate toward building their families. Fertility Specialists of Texas developed SharedDreams® to reduce a couple’s financial concerns. SharedDreams fixes the cost of undergoing multiple IVF treatments.
More than 75% of the patients who have enrolled in this program have conceived and delivered a baby. If you don’t have a live birth under the program, you will get 100% of the program cost to help preserve your resources for other family-building alternatives.
SharedDream IVF program overview
The SharedDreams IVF program is an alternative to traditional fee-for-service payment. Many couples do not have insurance to pay for in vitro fertilization (IVF). As a result, the financial implications can be overwhelming should a patient require more than one cycle.
Couples who choose this option and conceive in their first treatment cycle will end up paying higher costs than with the fee-for-service payment option. However, couples who require more than one fresh IVF cycle to conceive will save considerable money.
It is important to understand that Fertility Specialists of Texas is not guaranteeing the success of the treatment. Instead, we are offering this option to limit the financial risk for couples for who cannot achieve a viable pregnancy. This program reduces the amount of money you have “at risk” for up to three cycles and fixes the cost of treatment.
Eligible couples will have undergone a screening evaluation prior to entering the program. They will receive up to 3 fresh IVF treatment cycles and up to 3 cryopreservation IVF (frozen embryo) cycles over a 12-month period for a global fee that varies slightly according to the age of the female partner. We fulfill this “contract” with the birth of a healthy baby.
Advantages of the SharedDreams Plan
- Set costs at the time of the contract
- Limits the amount of money at risk should IVF ultimately fail to produce a pregnancy
- Retains some financial resources for other family-building alternatives (such as adoption)
- Conditional cancellation option in this plan (see Cancellation section below)
Qualifications for SharedDreams IVF Program
- Female partner must complete all IVF cycles prior to her 38th birthday if she is using her own eggs
- FSH must be less than 10 and estradiol less than 68 pg/ml
- AMH must be above 1.5
- Couple must use donor egg if the female partner is over 37 or if she has an abnormal ovarian reserve
- Adequate sperm count or ability to have adequate sperm for ICSI, even if sperm retrieval is necessary; donor sperm may be used
- Normal uterine cavity
- No evidence of hydrosalpinges
- Normal body mass index (BMI)
- Non-smoker and no illicit substance use
- Medical clearance for chronic illness(s)
- Willing to cryopreserve embryos
- Cannot have started more than one IVF cycle prior to enrollment in the program
Acceptance into this program is at the sole and subjective discretion of Fertility Specialists of Texas. Please remember that making a determination about your participation in this financial program is not a clinical determination of your chances of success with IVF.
IVF Services Included
- Monitoring of IVF Ovarian Stimulation (all ultrasounds, hormonal essays and physician services for monitoring and management)
- Monitoring of FET cycles (all ultrasounds, hormonal essays and physician services for monitoring and management)
- Oocyte retrieval and embryo transfer procedures
- IVF facility fees for oocyte retrievals and embryo transfers
- IVF laboratory services
- Embryo cryopreservation and storage for two years
- 2 quantitative HCG blood tests to diagnose pregnancy at the end of the treatment cycle
Services NOT Included
- IVF pre-cycle screening tests and office visits
- Medications and their administration (injections)
- All non-IVF surgical procedures (laparoscopy, myomectomy, surgical procedures on fallopian tubes and ovaries, hysteroscopy, D&C, etc.); these procedures are usually gynecologic or obstetric in nature, and are covered by existing health insurance
- Costs related to the use of a known or anonymous egg donor such as recruitment, all required donor screening fees (medical, legal and psychological) and donor compensation fees or donor agency fees
- Costs of obtaining donor sperm or costs for the surgical sperm retrieval when necessary
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Ultrasound monitoring of early pregnancy
- Any medical services provided for obstetrical care, or for complications related to the IVF process such as treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage or other pregnancy complications
- Storage of cryopreserved embryos that may still remain after a pregnancy through the first trimester is attained or the contractual 2-year period has elapsed.
Cancellations initiated by the patient will result in reverting to a fee for service payment schedule for treatment services already rendered.
By accepting a package price you agree to forego insurance billing for all of the services rendered as a part of or in association with the plan cycle(s) unless notified otherwise. If you request that any or all of the services listed and provided above be billed to your insurance carrier, you nullify this package price and your account will be adjusted and be assessed full fees for services/charges at the rates in effect at the time the services are rendered.
Interested in our SharedDreams IVF program? Let’s discuss your options. Please use the contact us form and we’ll follow-up with details.