Find hope at Fertility Specialists of Texas with recurrent pregnancy loss treatment
After having multiple miscarriages, you may wonder whether you’ll ever be able to have a baby of your own. Thankfully, recurrent pregnancy loss treatment can make parenthood possible. Using their 100+ years of combined experience, our Dallas-Fort Worth fertility experts perform diagnostic testing to identify what’s causing the miscarriages. With this information, they develop a customized treatment plan to help you welcome a bundle of joy into your loving arms.
Before treating recurrent miscarriage, we work to understand what’s causing it
Many issues can cause multiple miscarriages, so it’s important to determine the factors that are at play before developing a recurrent pregnancy loss treatment plan. The following list contains some common causes of RPL.
- Genetic/chromosomal abnormalities in the embryo
- Uterine abnormalities, including fibroids
- Untreated diabetes, thyroid disease and immune issues
- Smoking, recreational drug use, alcohol use and being overweight or obese
To identify the issue responsible for the miscarriages, our Dallas-Fort Worth fertility experts will perform comprehensive diagnostic testing. Testing can include everything from bloodwork and genetic testing to an ultrasound and hysterosalpingogram (HSG). Your doctor will also review your medical history and any past infertility diagnoses and treatments.
We offer a wealth of recurrent pregnancy loss treatments
Once your doctor makes a diagnosis, he or she will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your unique family-building needs, goals and budget. Below is a list of some of the most-common recurrent pregnancy loss treatments.
- A type of minimally invasive surgery called hysteroscopy can treat uterine issues, including fibroids and a uterine septum (extra tissue that divides the uterus).
- Treatment for conditions like diabetes and thyroid issues can improve the odds of carrying a baby to term.
- Blood-thinning medications can help if autoimmune or clotting problems are causing the miscarriages.
- Lifestyle changes, such as losing weight, giving up cigarettes and limiting alcohol and caffeine intake can improve pregnancy outcomes.
Often, a woman will experience a miscarriage if the embryo she’s carrying has a chromosomal abnormality. If this problem has caused multiple miscarriages, our Dallas-Fort Worth fertility experts will recommend in vitro fertilization with preimplantation genetic testing for aneuploidy, or IVF with PGT-A. This advanced fertility treatment allows our team to fertilize eggs with sperm in the IVF lab. Then, IVF with PGT-A allows our team to test each of the resulting embryos. Doing so allows us to identify which embryos are chromosomally normal.
Contact us to schedule an appointment and learn more about the treatments that can help you have a baby after experiencing multiple miscarriages. We are here to serve as a beacon of hope on your journey to welcome a healthy baby.