Your First Visit
Just as there are many factors that can cause infertility, there also are many factors that can affect your chances for successful infertility treatment including age, your personal diagnosis, duration of infertility, and the number of previous unsuccessful treatment attempts. In addition, chances for your success will be influenced greatly by the specialist involved with your care.
Before your first visit, the doctor will need to know your history so we require that you complete a medical history via our Patient Portal. A document that will help explain how to use the Patient Portal is available HERE
- Our goal is to identify specific issues that may affect your fertility and develop a comprehensive plan to assist you in reaching your goals. We rely on you to provide us with complete and accurate information about your history with infertility and to communicate with us openly while you are in our care.
- To make the most of your consultation and if applicable, we also ask that you submit the following materials prior to your first visit:
- All previous infertility medical records including lab work, any prior gynecological surgeries, your most recent pap smear, HSG films and your partner’s semen analysis.
- We realize communication is a very important aspect of your treatment therefore the Patient Portal will allow you to communicate with us in a timely more responsive manner as well.
This important initial meeting provides the direction for your future care. We strongly encourage both partners to attend the initial consultation. Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment with your completed forms, your driver’s license and insurance card(s).
- You will meet with one of our physicians who will review your medical history, discuss your options and may perform an ultrasound and/or a physical exam.
- You will be introduced to our team of infertility nurses who will help coordinate the testing and will review your treatment plan recommendations.
- Your nurse will be your contact person throughout the duration of your treatment. She will know your situation specifically and will be available to answer questions, provide recommendations, etc. during your time with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Whether you are already diagnosed or just beginning to explore treatment, you can be confident that you will receive a patient-centered, comprehensive approach to diagnosis and treatment.
If you have received treatment from another physician:
If you have received treatment from another physician, please use the medical records release form to send by fax or mail to have the records sent to us prior to your appointment. If your partner has had semen analysis or other treatments related to fertility care, please have him also fill out a medical records release form and send to the physician who performed or ordered the procedures or who has the results.
We would like to have received the following in our office prior to your visit:
- Any prior treatments related to infertility which includes, but is not limited to, lab studies, HSG, x-ray and sonogram studies, and any IVF treatment cycles.
- Any female surgery operative reports and associated pathology if applicable.
- Your most recent pap smear.
- Semen analysis(es).
- Any male surgery operative reports and associated pathology if applicable.
If you are ready to schedule a new patient appointment, call us today at 214.618.2044. Our new patient coordinator will answer your questions and schedule an appointment with one of our highly experienced reproductive endocrinologists.