Understanding egg freezing costs is one of the first steps on the path to preserve your fertility
More women are pursuing egg freezing as a way to have a baby when they feel ready. As women start to learn more about the amazing technology that makes this type of fertility preservation possible, they often have questions about egg freezing costs. Specifically, they want to know whether they can afford to move forward with freezing their eggs.
The doctors at Fertility Specialists of Texas want to make sure you understand the financial side of egg freezing. As a result, our Dallas-Fort Worth fertility clinic is answering the important question: How much does egg freezing cost?
Explaining the basics of freezing your eggs
Before we start breaking down egg freezing costs, our doctors want to help you learn what this form of fertility preservation involves. Our team finds that understanding the medical components of fertility preservation can shed more light on the question, “How much does egg freezing cost?”
Egg freezing is a process that involves taking fertility medications, undergoing an egg retrieval and having your eggs frozen before being placed into storage.
- You will take injectable fertility medications as part of your egg freezing cycle. During this time, you will visit our Dallas-Fort Worth fertility clinic every few days for bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring.
- When your eggs have reached the appropriate stage of maturity, you will have a short, outpatient procedure to retrieve them. You will receive light sedation to keep you comfortable during the retrieval.
- Our talented embryologists will then freeze your eggs using a flash-freezing process called vitrification. Once your eggs are frozen, they will be placed into long-term storage until you are ready to use them.
Each step in this process has a cost associated with it. As a result, egg freezing costs include everything from the price of injectable medications to long-term storage for your frozen eggs. You’ll also want to consider the fact that you’ll be paying for egg thawing as well as laboratory fertilization and embryo transfer when you’re ready to conceive using your frozen eggs.
At Fertility Specialists of Texas, we offer competitive pricing to help make fertility preservation more affordable. Our billing specialists can also connect you with financing to help make egg freezing more accessible to you.
Exploring the factors that can affect egg freezing costs
Each patient at our Dallas-Fort Worth fertility clinic receives a customized treatment plan. As a result, how much you will pay for egg freezing will vary slightly depending on several factors.
- The amount of fertility medications you need to safely help your ovaries produce as many eggs as possible to freeze and store.
- How many egg freezing cycles you need to undergo to get enough viable eggs to use when trying to conceive later.
- How long you keep your frozen eggs in storage, as there is an annual storage fee for eggs.
Our billing team will make sure you understand exactly how much you’ll be paying based on your recommended egg freezing plan. We want you to feel comfortable and in control through every step of your fertility preservation journey.
If you’d like to learn more about egg freezing costs, please contact us. We are here to help you make a plan to have a baby on your time.