The Path to LGBTQ+ Parenthood
Fertility Treatment for Gay Fatherhood
Your Partner in Becoming a Parent
Fertility Specialists of Texas has a dedicated team of specialists, medical personnel and support staff committed to helping you have the family you have dreamed of. Our partnership with Gays with Kids makes parenthood possible for more gay, bi and trans men.
Through egg donation and surrogacy, you can become a biological father and witness the wonder of seeing yourself or your partner reflected in the eyes of your child.
Fertility Specialists of Texas offers an in-house egg donor program that adheres to the strictest screening and safety protocols. We can help you search for the traits and characteristics you want in an egg donor, and we will work with your donor directly to ensure the highest level of professionalism and care during her treatment cycle.
If you already have an egg donor, or if you’d like to expand your donor search outside of our program, we are happy to work with you. Whichever donor you select, we will welcome her like part of our own family. Our goal is for you to become a parent – and that starts with finding the donor who is right for you.
Fertility Specialists of Texas is not a surrogacy agency, but we have a vast network of excellent agencies throughout the country and are happy to refer you. Once you have chosen a surrogate, she will become our patient, and we will work together as a team throughout your IVF cycle. Our experienced team is here to assist you every step of the way, answer all of your questions about surrogacy, and keep you informed throughout the IVF process.
Inclusive, Supportive Fertility Care for Gay Men
Fertility Specialists of Texas is committed to providing inclusive fertility care to all single men and same-sex male couples, in a warm, welcoming and supportive environment. Our passion is creating loving families, and we can’t wait to help you create yours.
As experts in LGBTQ+ fertility treatment, we have extensive experience with all aspects of egg donation, gestational surrogacy, fertility testing and IVF for gay men. From counseling services to genetic testing to legal support, our team creates seamless fertility treatment plans that take the stress out of having a baby through IVF.
Creating Your Family, One Step at a Time
- A consultation to discuss your plans with one of our fertility specialists.
- In-office visit. The intended parent(s) providing sperm will undergo FDA-required lab testing, and semen specimen(s) will be collected. The results of the initial semen analysis provide a baseline measure to help your fertility specialist plan your IVF cycle for maximum results. If your egg donor has been identified as a carrier of a genetic disorder, you may also choose genetic carrier screening to help identify your risk for passing on a genetic disease to your child.
- Semen samples are frozen and stored in our cryopreservation lab until needed for IVF.
- After your donor’s eggs have been retrieved, intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) is used to inject an individual sperm directly into each egg, allowing fertilization to occur even if very few sperm are available.
- Embryos are cryopreserved for transfer to your surrogate. You may choose PGT-A, a type of genetic test that can identify chromosomal abnormalities in embryos. PGT-A prevents the transfer of chromosomally abnormal embryos, increasing your chances for a healthy pregnancy.
- Once your surrogate becomes pregnant with your baby, we will continue to support and monitor her through the first weeks of pregnancy. Then, she will be released into the care of her OBGYN, and the next phase of your journey together will begin.
Your Family, Your Way
- IVF/Option 1: egg donor from our in-house donor program or another reputable program + sperm from one or both partners to create embryos + gestational surrogate from a well-respected agency
- IVF/Option 2: donated eggs from a friend/family member + sperm from non-related partner (if a family member is the egg donor) to create embryos + gestational surrogate from a well-respected agency or a friend/family member
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Creating a family through IVF takes time, so there’s no better time than now to get started. Contact us today using the form below. We look forward to meeting you and to supporting you every step of the way to fatherhood.